HO HO HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Okay, I know it’s not Christmas anymore, but I wanted to tell you about the 36th Annual Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run 10k we did on Dec. 7th. It was kind of a last minute decision, but a Christmas run ended up being a fun way to get into the holiday spirit. The course was familiar (a lot of it was our usual beach run route), festive (with lots of funny costumes, including a full body Frosty the Snowman) and COLD. Out of all the days it could’ve rained in LA (which happens about 5 times a year), the skies decided to open up when we were about halfway through the race. And it was about.. 50 degrees. That’s cold for LA. Needless to say, we were excited to get to a warm brunch spot post-race.
– Parking was easy, probably because it was such a touristy area. We chose to park a little further away from the startling line so it would be cheaper, but overall it wasn’t a hassle at all.
– Packet pick-up was really easy. There were plenty of volunteers and tents, so you could find your bib number quickly and get right in to get your bib and t-shirt. (Note: I’m well aware that I broke a race cardinal rule by wearing the race shirt on race day. I was freezing, okay?)
– We always love a themed race. Dressing up is always fun and everyone really got into the holiday spirit (see snowman above).
– There were lots of people. It’s always more fun to run along with a group and keeps you going to the finish line.
– It was local. We are pretty lucky since we never have to drive TOO far to races, but for this one we just had to drive right down the street. Always a perk 🙂
– IT WAS COLD. I know this doesn’t really have anything to do with the race itself, but I had to put at least one con.
Check it out: