Here at Do Epic Runs, we’ve been on a coconut kick lately. Plus, we’re always looking for nutrious, clean snacks packed with protein. This recipe from Kristi and The Glow Life packs it all into one. Her Coconut Protein Breakfast Bars are super easy to make and perfect for post morning workouts to refuel! They are free of refined sugar, too!
What else is great about these? Benefits of the ingredients in this breakfast bar include:
- Helps maintain healthy weight
- Great for your hair, skin & nails
- Helps fight disease
- Helps fight stress
- May help reduce risk of Type II Diabetes
- Control Blood Pressure
- Help lower bad cholesterol
- Packed with healthy energy
Kristi used a plant protein powder for this recipe (Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder), but feel free to use any protein powder you’d like. Also, feel free to substitute peanut butter for applesauce for an extra energy boost or high intensity workout fuel, or you can omit the protein powder altogether. Keep reading for the recipe!
Coconut Protein Breakfast Bar
Makes 10-12 bars
1 cup oat flour (or you can just ground oats)
1 cup rolled oats
1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup plant protein powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup raw honey or 100% maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
3. In an 8 x 8 parchment paper lined pan, spread the mixture evenly – about a 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Let the mixture cool and slice into rectangle bars.
Notes: You can add a mashed banana to make it extra energy boosting!
And there you have it! Thanks to Kristi for this yummy recipe… check out more of The Glow Life’s great recipes here!